Things are going normal and thats a huge plus. I am loving Happy Life more and more each day. Things there are so much nicer and better ran then El Shaddai. Of course i miss it there as well ecspecially the little kiddos. But i am trying to only look at the positive side of things to not gt too down.
Today at Happy Life I arrived at 9 and instatnly found my way back to the infant room and instanly found melody. I was asked to feed her becasue i am the only one that can get her to eat properly i guess. I guess am pretty great!! Jk. Then i helped feed all the other infants as well. Then around 10 a church group from Chicago of about 20 to 30 arrived to volunteer for the day. They are doing a ten day travel through Kenya and each day they are spending the day at a different Orphanage. and today was our lucky day. They arrived with tons of toys and goodies for all the kids that were old enough of course. The kids were so excited! i love seeing their little faces light up. we all sat around and played with the babies and talked etc. Me and one of the workers Mary got to know eachother very well today also. She is actually a volunteer that comes everyday while she is in search for a job. She is so helpful and speaks english very well. Then Mary and I helped put the babies to bed after lunch was over. I had a great day today at Happyl ife each day passes quicker and quicker but i am still ready for my house with air conditioner, hot showers, and American food! No offense Kenya!
I am still learning so much each day and each day that passes another lesson is learned. I am learning so muc about myself more then anything. When i first got moved to Happy life i was so down and so frustrated about the change but i guess i need to remember that with each change there is something postive you just have to be open to it! I think so far the most important thing i have learned is that. that i need to be open to change! KENYA is alllll about change and usually at the last minute!
I am going to go home now to finish laundry and then hea back to happy life to play with the little kiddos who are getting out of school soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment